Performs high volume, high quality spay/neuter services utilizing the ASPCA/Humane Alliance model. Develops and maintains written protocols. Provides wellness veterinary services and non-spay/neuter surgeries when needed. All duties will be performed in a manner consistent with achieving the mission and vision of Paws Humane Society. Work closely and cooperatively with the Clinic Practice Manager.
1. Directly responsible for hiring, training, and supervising Veterinarian technicians and assistants. Work with Clinic Practice Manager to coordinate this process.
2. Perform as well as lead all activities related to high volume Spay/Neuter. Develop and maintain all related policies and procedures to achieve a high level of quality control.
3. Work closely with Clinic Practice Manager, CEO, and Director of Finance to set annual performance goals and budget based on industry standards and available resources.
4. Participate in planning and execution of special events, such as vaccine clinics, to include assembling proper medical team and supplies needed.
5. Work closely with Clinic Practice Manager to hire, train, and provide direction to clinic staff responsible for supporting surgery and wellness activities.
6. May provide training and direction to shelter staff as their duties relate to animal care, including sanitation and protocols to maintain mental and physical well being of animals.
7. Responsible for knowledge of, and adherence to, laws, regulations and industry best practices related to clinic and shelter operations.
8. Ensure the highest level of service and care are provided in a timely manner to pets and caregivers as well as animals housed in shelter.
9. Work with local veterinarians and clinic/shelter professionals to promote to positive and productive relationships.
10. In absence of the Wellness and Shelter Medicine Veterinarian, may be asked to determine when euthanasia is appropriate for medical reasons and participate in determining if euthanasia is appropriate for behavior cases. Ensure that euthanasia is performed according to established protocol.
11. Responsible for making medical decisions for shelter animals, consulting with the CEO when cost is significant and/or multiple medically sound options exist.
12. Oversee development of systems to track medical records and controlled substance use according to industry standards.
13. Engage with volunteers consistently, communication professionally and respectfully. Including communicating gratitude to volunteers for their service and dedication as appropriate.
Internal Number: 112019
About Paws Humane Society
Paws Humane Society is a non-profit spay/neuter and wellness clinic, and limited admission animal shelter.