McAbee Veterinary Hospital, located in Winter Park, FL, is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our growing team!
McAbee Veterinary Hospital, established in 1964, offers high quality and progressive medical, dental and surgical care to a devoted community following. Our cohesive, compassionate staff provides the level of support our doctors need to focus on practicing medicine to the best of their capabilities. We value client service, community involvement, and clear communication, and are seeking an energetic associate to join our team. New graduates are encouraged to apply, with strong mentorship available in all aspects of medicine and surgery (including orthopedics)!
About the Hospital:
We are a 7 doctor practice that offers state-of-the-art medical care. We provide our patients with quality medicine through complete whole-life services:
- preventative care
- general medicine
- advanced dentistry
- soft tissue surgery
- orthopedic surgery
Our modern facility includes:
- State of the art digital radiography, including dental
- Digital ultrasound
- Surgical laser
- Full in-house laboratory as well as referral lab availability
For More information, please visit us at: http://www.mcabeevet.vetstreet.com/
An ideal candidate should be outgoing and have a strong work ethic. Is able to easily connect and communicate with clients and team members alike. Is passionate about providing high levels of clinical care in the exam room as well as in the surgical suite.
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
· Licensure in good standing to practice in Florida
· Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
· Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
· Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
· Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
· Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
· Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you.
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
Health, Dental, Vision
Annual CE funds, DEA and Licensure
and other industry perks
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Internal Number: 2620
About McAbee Veterinary Hospital
To improve the comfort and well-being of pets by providing progressive and compassionate care. We develop a community of animal hospitals and pet resorts that share knowledge to achieve sustainable growth.