Veterinary Receptionist/Assistant needed for our growing practice
We are growing and need additional staff.
The Veterinary Receptionist/Assistant's primary duty is interacting with clients and coordinating communication between doctors, assistants, and clients. Must be available to work any day between 7:30 AM and 8 PM, Evenings and Saturdays are required. For consideration, interested candidates are required to submit a resume, salary requirements and three references to the email provided.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Provide top-notch customer service.
• Being attentive to client and pet needs.
• Identify and work compassionately with clients in various emotional states.
• Work patiently with distressed, frustrated or disgruntled clients.
• Answer and triage phone calls from clients.
• Schedule appointments and schedule procedures.
• Check-in clients.
• Monitor client flow from check-in to discharge.
• Monitor schedule and flow.
• Client callbacks.
• Managing record requests between other hospitals and specialty practices.
• Fill prescriptions.
• Discharge patients.
• Client education.
• Assist in cleaning the hospital including but not limited to: keeping reception desk area and lobby clean and sanitary, taking out the trash and recycling, laundry, cleaning floors, bathrooms, exam rooms, kitchen and kennels if needed.
• Process payment transactions.
• Maintain proper documentation in the electronic medical record.
• Relay appropriate information to/from clients to doctors and/or management.
• Computer skills: Able to use Windows-based computer systems, word processing, email, web search and other skills needed to effectively use the practice management software program.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• At least 1 year of Veterinary job-related experience.
• Must be able to safely lift 30 pounds.
• Basic math and writing skills.
Other: Receptionists must possess good critical thinking and problem-solving skills, compassion, a positive attitude, follow-through, and excellent communication and teamwork skills. Multitasking and accepting constructive criticism is essential. Punctuality is expected.
About Community Animal Care
Small Animal Hospital located in the beautiful Hudson Valley New York.