We invite you to our Big Little town, full of college night light life and quiet horse farms. Statesboro GA is tucked away in the Southeast of GA, 1 ½ hours from the beautify Tybee Island beaches of GA’s coastline. Our hospital’s growth is a result of our town’s expansion; we are adding new waterfronts, an agriculture equestrian center, a ‘blue mile’ trail from campus to downtown, along with a remarkable soccer stadium.
Our hospital is preparing for your arrival and in May 2019, on top of our state of the art equipment, we purchased new dental equipment and ultrasound machines to assist with your patient care. The externs that have come through recently asked if we could hold the opening for them next year, but our clients are unable to wait much longer.
We have 6 RVTs, low staff turnover, a strong client base, and room to grow. The lead DVM is our companies' strongest mentor and a point person for our regional DVM team.
• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
• Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Georgia
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
• The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
• Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
• Proficiency in surgery a plus
Competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
401(k) retirement savings plan
Continuing Education allowance
Professional Liability Coverage
SVP is offering a sign-on bonus for this hospital location