Jasper Animal Hospital, located in scenic Deep East Texas, is looking for a full-time experienced veterinarian who may have interest in a future buy-out option. This candidate will meet with small animal patients in the clinic on a daily and longitudinal basis, manage the care of those boarding with us, and perform spay/neuter surgeries for cats and dogs. We support and depend on our veterinarians to use their expertise in a way that benefits pets, clients, hospital teams, and the communities we serve.
Currently, surgeries are performed weekly at this facility. This position will permit a more dedicated and focused client-relationship development of the practice in the clinic setting.
Future buy-out options are possible for the successful candidate looking to own their own practice.
· Practice in accordance to state practice act and principles of veterinary medical ethics.
· Leverage evidence-based medicine and continue pursuit of education to deliver quality patient care.
· Excellent active listening skills while gathering information and in communicating the treatment plan to the client.
· Candidate must be able to quickly and accurately shift attention among multiple tasks under distracting conditions without loss of accuracy or appearance of frustration.
· Use your critical thinking and problem identification skills to apply logic and analysis for the optimum patient problem resolution, wellness plan, and long-term care.
· Be devoted to the culture of preventive care and develop an optimum patient wellness plan.
· Partner with our patient’s caretaker as an advocate for the pet to plan follow-up visits, provide home-care instructions, and education to ensure the lifelong health of their pets.
· Competitive salary commensurate with experience
· Liability and malpractice insurance coverage or you can have your own PLIT
· Stipend for yearly CE credits
· Reimbursement for annual licensing fee
· Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Texas
· Orthopedic Surgery experience – is a plus
· Bi-lingual (English – Spanish) is a plus
· Current State Controlled Substance (SCS) License - or able to obtain within 90 days
· Current DEA License - or able to obtain within 90 days
About Jasper Animal Hospital
The Jasper Animal Hospital is a clean, modern facility staffed by veterinary technicians and receptionist; it features three exam rooms and a state of the art X-ray machine and operating room. The facility includes multiple kennels and supporting appurtenances.