McGrath Veterinary Center is a state-of-the-art veterinary hospital located in the Sherman Oaks/Encino area of the San Fernando Valley of California. We are a fast paced 7 doctor veterinary hospital looking for the right team member who wants to grow with our practice. We are looking for someone who is reliable, has great customer service skills, is a self starter and has a willingness to learn and contribute as part of a team. For full time employees we offer competitive pay, and benefits including paid time off, employee discounts, health care coverage, life & disability insurance and 401k.
We are seeking a Veterinary Practice Manager that has the knowledge and ability to further the management of a veterinary hospital by having direct authority and decision-making responsibilities over all business aspects of the veterinary practice, including general operations and acting as the primary liaison between the owner/administrator and support staff personnel while maintaining a positive work culture and environment. This person is creative yet able to develop and implement practical programs. The Practice Manager exercises sound judgment and the willingness and capability to make decisions.
- staff scheduling and manage daily work assignments
- train staff in conflict-resolution techniques
- mediate and assist with resolution of personnel issues
- oversee implementation of staff phase training
- prepare and conduct staff meetings
- manage hospital reputation and client relations
- accounts receivable
Job qualifications include:
- previous experience in a managerial position (preferred: 2+ years experience managing a veterinary practice)
- critical and strategic thinking
- analytical skills and effective decision making
- integrity and compliance
- excellent time management and ability to multi-task
- strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- resourcefulness and ability to work without direct supervision
- resilience and adaptability
- availability to occasionally work uncommon hours and overtime, and to be subject to recall for business emergencies
About McGrath Veterinary Center
Established in 2016 by Dr. Brian McGrath, this hospital is the result of not only hard work, but a passion for providing the absolute best in companion animal medicine.
A second-generation veterinarian, Dr. McGrath always knew the kind of veterinary hospital he wanted to create: one that was not only dedicated to medical excellence, but to progressive and accessible care when pets need it most. His experiences in emergency services and volunteering to help pets in disaster zones are reflected in this team’s commitment to preventive and urgent veterinary medicine.
That dedication to service also extends to the families of our patients. When you come in to McGrath Veterinary Center, we want you to not only feel welcome, but to be assured that we’ll care for your animal companion as if it were our own.
While we’re proud of our state-of-the-art facility with in-house diagnostics, testing and comprehensive services, we also understand that technology is only part of good veterinary medicine. Compassion and experience fuel the engine that created McGrath Veterinary Center, and they remain the guiding force in everything we do.
At McGrath Veteri...nary Center, we work hard to provide our clients and their animal companions with veterinary care and customer service that not only exceed expectations but contribute to the bond you have with your pet. We do this with a commitment to compassionate, progressive and accessible veterinary services that include state-of-the-art technology, regenerative therapy, extended hours, urgent care and overnight hospitalization. While these services set us apart from other veterinary facilities, we believe that the passion, experience and dedication of our team is the true McGrath Veterinary Hospital difference.