DoveLewis Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Hospital is a non-profit, VECCS Level-1 Certified and AAHA-accredited client focused and teaching hospital in beautiful Portland, Oregon. Our DVMs are truly leaders on the hospital floor, supporting both a high standard of care and the human beings that deliver that care.
We are currently seeking Intern Veterinarians for our 2021-2022 intern class!
Inclusive dates: 6/14/2021 - 6/30/2022
Why should you do your internship with DoveLewis?
· You have the ability to see and treat a diverse patient case load in a high-volume ER and ICU.
· You will see cases in conjunction with our talented veterinarians and specialists which includes Criticalists, Boarded Surgeons available 24/7, Internists, a Cardiologist and Radiologist.
· We have highly skilled technical support staff and a hospital-wide emphasis on continuous teaching and learning.
· DoveLewis offers unique community and donor run programs and funds available for optimal patient care such as: an on-site donor-run blood bank, Pet Loss Support, Animal Assisted Therapy & Education, Low-Income Assistance Fund, and a Stray and Wildlife Fund.
What you will gain from your internship with DoveLewis:
· Confidence working in a busy ER and seeing a wide variety of cases.
· Proficiency and independence in your work, and knowledgeable support when you need it.
· Knowing that your work directly impacts animal lovers in the Portland community.
Position benefits include:
· $50,000 Annual Salary
· Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Liability Insurance, 403b, FSA
· Reimbursement of state licensing fees, AVMA, and local VMA dues
· Free employee pet ward on-site
What we are looking for:
· Current Intern Veterinarian license in good standing to practice in Oregon required at time of Internship.
· Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine or equivalent from an AVMA-accredited school of veterinary medicine or certification through ECFVG required.
About DoveLewis Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Hospital
DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital, established in 1973 and based in Portland, Ore., is the only nonprofit, 24-hour emergency and intensive care unit in the region. DoveLewis provides donor-funded programs to the community, including one of the United States’ largest volunteer-based animal blood banks, a nationally recognized pet loss support program, an animal-assisted therapy program, education for veterinary professionals and the animal-loving community, 24-hour stabilizing care for lost, stray and wild animals and financial assistance for qualifying low-income families and abused animals. With over 40 years of service to the community, DoveLewis has treated over 500,000 animals and has been deemed one of Oregon’s Most Admired Nonprofits by The Portland Business Journal for eight years.