Managing Veterinarian/Medical Director- Kindness Animal Hospital- Grand Forks, ND
Kindness Animal Hospital
Location: Grand Forks, North Dakota
Type: Full Time
Required Education: DVM or equivalent
Internal Number: 11041
Are you ready to love where you work? We are currently looking for a Managing Veterinarian to join our growing hospital! Kindness Animal Hospital is a small animal practice located in Grand Forks, ND and serves the surrounding areas of North Dakota and Minnesota. Call is shared with three other area veterinary practices, creating a fantastic work/life balance. Our well-trained team is fun-loving, caring, dedicated and supportive. We are committed to serving the patients and clients of our community. We are looking for someone models servanthood, is intrinsically kind, passionate about animals and a good communicator with humans. The ability to work in a collaborative environment is a must! Now offering a $35,000 Sign on Bonus!
The Managing Doctor is responsible for providing medical leadership for the hospital, managing associate veterinarians, and assuring regulatory compliance relating to the practice of veterinary medicine. The Managing Doctor is also responsible for creating an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine and exceptional client service are delivered.
In partnership with the Hospital Manager, the Managing Doctor is responsible for the financial performance and general operations of the hospital under the guidance of Divisional Leadership. In addition, the Hospital Manager and Managing Doctor are responsible for cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Advancing Medical Care
· Oversees surgical and medical cases for all doctors, ensuring positive outcomes, accurate estimates, and client communication and education.
· Answers client questions and concerns regarding medical and surgical procedures.
· Provides oversight and direction of medical standards, quality of care and inventory.
· Establishes medical protocols.
· Oversees transfer of medical cases from doctor to doctor.
· Minimizes waste and controls costs relating to medical supplies, surgical instruments, and drug inventories.
Leading Staff and Practice
· Participates in the recruiting and interviewing process for Doctors, and when appropriate general staff members.
· Monitors Doctor performance and production.
· Develops and monitors hospital-specific client compliance protocols and procedures.
· Participates in technician appraisal and medical counseling sessions.
· Ensures all medical staff receive applicable training, including the mentoring of new graduates.
· Supports the Hospital Manager with staff training programs and tracking CE and DVM licensure.
· Drives revenue and hospital contribution growth, which includes managing all hospital expenses.
· Assists in the preparation of an annual planning strategy, operating budget and capital budget.
· Monitors key financial reports.
Growing the Practice
· Drives patient visits and encourages community involvement.
· Embraces change and supports innovative programs within the hospital.
· Monitors client service, marketing, and NVA growth initiatives.
· Seeks out ways to innovate operational practices that improve the growth of the practice.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
· Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
· Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
· Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
· Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Delegates tasks and achieves results with hospital team members.
· Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
· Leads employees by coaching, correcting, developing, and motivating them to achieve success.
· Manages time and tasks appropriately.
· Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.